Vanity Card #12 - The Screenwriter: Mad Mirror


INT. SUBURBAN APARTMENT BUILDING. NEW YORK. NIGHT.

<FADE IN>

Damon comes out from the cold and walks into the apartment building. The camera follows. After a short walk of stairs, Damon goes inside his apartment and closes the front door. While taking off his jacket, he notices a small flicker of light in the hall mirror. 
Damon walks to the mirror and starts to stare at his own image. 

NARRATIVE. DAMON.

I knew I had to break myself loose. This was madness, nothing more. The whole charade was just another set of illusions that distracted me from the real truth. This was nothing, this was just magic. There never was a prince nor a princess. This was not a fucking fairy tale. 

ACTION.

Damon leans into the mirror, holding his hands against the wall. 

NARRATIVE. DAMON.

I had littered my mind for too long with wishful thoughts and midnight messages. Wondering about mixed signals and decoding behavior patterns and social interactions. I was a victim of my own analogy - I was just a strong, lonely lone wolf, wishing for an companion.

That precious white lie had outlived me for the last time.  

ACTION.

Suddenly Damon extends his arm into the mirror, penetrating the glass and touching his own mirror image. The mirror-Damon comes to alive. They both look at each other and smile. The original Damon grabs the mirror-Damon and pulls him out of the mirror, to reality.

The original Damon steps into the mirror instead. 

DIALOGUE.

MIRROR DAMON: So you're ready to move on?

ORIGINAL DAMON: This was my dream. This is my stop.

MIRROR DAMON: Goodbye buddy. I will miss you. I will miss her. 

ACTION.

The original Damon waves goodbye and the mirror shatters into small glittering shards. 

NARRATIVE. MIRROR-DAMON.

I said goodbye to my high hopes. 

<FADE OUT>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

 

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

25, Wild and free.

Damn, this sounds just like another dating service profile.

The author was given another life after living the usual household hell for a couple of decades.

Nowadays the writer has devoted his time to think about the big scary things..like relationships. Personal economy.
Women and the space time continuum.
There must be a loophole?

Currently living in the outskirts of Helsinki, Finland.
The homeland of saunas, koskenkorva and winters so cold, they might be written by George R.R Martin.

Enjoy the carnival! Pick a card..
After all..life is all about the vanity.

- George